Zambia Backroads & Waterfalls30 July - 21 August 2021
24 Days of getting lost in the Heart of Africa, does it get any better?
Join us on this epic adventure as we explore magnificent Zambia and all its hidden and unknown glory.
As 30% of Africa’s water resides in Zambia there is no shortage of mighty rivers, majestic waterfalls, and mighty hidden lakes, so in short, why would you not want to visit this amazing country?
Let’s take a look at what’s in store for this amazing African journey:
- Meet and Greet in Kasane, at a lodge of our choice, and of course, dinner is on us. We will do a full detailed briefing on what’s in store for our adventure ahead.
- We cross into Zambia to Livingstone giving the opportunity to visit Victoria Falls and to those who wish there are many, many other activities available.
- An early start marks our 1st travel day into Zambia passing through the Capital Lusaka and making our way to a guest farm with the best savoury pies anywhere on the continent! We spend the night in a basic yet neat chalet giving us a good head start the next morning.
- We then take a relaxed start to our 1st waterfall, Kundalila Falls. A very basic campsite gives us access to the falls with magical scenery, great hiking and some of the best swimming holes anywhere!
- Now the adventurous part starts, we swing off of the main road onto winding 2 tracks that snake through the forest to the mysterious hidden gem, Lake Waka Waka. Again a basic campsite gives us access to the lake in all its splendour, great for swimming!
- Taking more winding trails we then head from Waka Waka towards the Livingstone Memorial where Dr David Livingstone spent his final moments and had his Heart buried, after paying our respects to this legendary traveller we make way northbound and will spending a magical bush camp night under the stars en-route to the Bangweuelu Flood Plains.
- An early start has us making our way over the Magnificent Mukuku Bridge spanning about 20km over the beautiful Bangweulu Flood Plains, after enjoying probably one of the most scenic drives found anywhere we make way towards Ntumbachushi Falls where we camp right next to the Main Falls and enjoy yet another perfect night in Africa. This will be our home for 2 nights, giving a full day to enjoy this amazing area.
- A very relaxed start then takes us on some beautiful dirt roads towards Lumangwe Falls where we will be spending our following two nights camping next to the “Mini Vic Falls” Ahh, a full day of rest and relaxation next to the majestic Lumangwe Falls, with ample hiking as well as a 4×4 drive to the very beautiful neighbouring Kabweluma Falls this can be quite relaxing as well as adventure-filled day.
- The following day we have a short but ecxiting and isolated drive to Kundabwika Falls where we’ll spend our next evening.
- Time to really go off the beaten track even further! We make our way further North to the ancient Lake Tanganyika, this splendorous tropical paradise is where we will be spending our next 3 nights camping on the banks on the 2nd oldest and 2nd largest fresh water lake on Earth we have the option of taking a Boat Safari into the Sumba National Park and do some game viewing via the lake and river systems. Not to mention this is fantastic for snorkelling and fishing!
- Time to greet this paradise for some more adventure – we drive via Mporokosa towards two more waterfalls Chilambwe and Chishimba – our camp for the night – Stanley’s Cove, a magical bush camp.
- Starting to make our way back south and into the spectacular area surrounding Kapishya Hot Springs where we will be spending our following 2 evenings. We then spend a full day relaxing in the amazing hot springs with the option of visiting the famous Africa House and its rich history, yet another day in paradise, if I had to imagine what the garden of Eden looked like, I see Kapishya.
- Very early departure towards the Mutinondo Wilderness area. This will also be a trip highlight exploring the many waterfalls in this magical area with ample hiking trails, some time for canoeing or just relaxing in camp.
- Heading back further south – once again we stay at Fringilla Lodge.
- The next day will have us making an early departure to Livingstone via Lusaka, where we will spend our last night in Zambia before taking on the final stretch of our journey back home.
- Crossing back into Botswana, we spend our last night together under the magical starry skies on the Makgadikgadi Pans before we part ways heading back home the following day.
COST R 23 950.00 PP
- All accommodation/camping fees.
- All park entry fees.
- 2 Meals daily from our bush restaurant.
- Professional guide with fully equipped guide 4×4.
- 2-way Radios for all vehicles.
- Own vehicle (4×4 with low-range) and fuel costs. (No vehicle, no problem. We can provide one as well as all equipment).
- Own camping equipment. (We can provide this as well).
- Cross border fees (we can help with this).
- Drinks / Snacks.
- Any activities not listed.
What are you waiting for? Mail us now firstname.lastname@example.org for more information